Asking for money can be a little awkward, especially if you have to do it through text and we totally get that! Luckily, there are a few simple things you can do to make the process go as smoothly as possible with Ceelo.
If you want to learn more about asking for money through text, read on for some useful tips because as good as it feels to send money, receiving feels even better.
- Read the mood
Asking someone for money is hard, and you want to do it as politely as possible– this means reading the mood of your match and asking at the right time (we cant put a timeline to this because it all depends on how smooth things are going between you and your match).
- Be upfront about why youre asking
Explain what the money is for. It’ll make them much comfortable, and takes the away the feeling that youre being entitled.
- Specify how much money you need
Lucky for you, Ceelo lets you put a figure to your request.
- Tell them when you need the money
If you need the money urgently you may want to let them know so that you avoid getting disappointed.
When you receive money into your Ceelo account you can buy gift items for yourself, your friends on Ceelo, or even outside Ceelo, you can also withdraw your money to your local bank account if you choose.
Now that you have learned how to make the process easier, here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to request money from your match on Ceelo:
- Open a chat with the match you want to send (gift) money
- Click the GiftBox icon
- A modal with different options will appear, select Gift Money
- In the Amount field, enter the amount you want to request
- Select Request money, and enter your PIN to confirm the action and you’ll receive a notification response when your match accepts or declines your requests.
Remember that we’re all about spreading love through giving and we’re glad to know you’re taking advantage of our favourite features *wink*
Good luck as you request money from your match today. Happy loving from Ceelo